Airflite has significant involvement with the Australian Defence Forces and other worldwide Defence agencies offering a broad range of capabilities and vast experience to support military operations on a global scale.
Joint Strike Fighter F-35
Airflite has been selected as part of the BAE Systems “Vendor Village” in support of the F-35 fleet in Australia and the region. BAE Systems secured the main Contract as the Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul and Upgrade (MROU) Depot in the Southern Pacific Region. This continues Airflite’s long association with BAE Systems.
The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) currently has a fleet of 64 military training aircraft (the Pilatus PC9/A) which Airflite has successfully maintained under contract since 1994 and continues to provide ongoing support services.
Since 1994, every pilot in the Australian Air Force and Royal Australian Navy has graduated through the training programs conducted at No.2 Flying Training School (2FTS) at RAAF Pearce in Western Australia. In addition, the training of Qualified Flying Instructors (QFI’s) is also a product of the Pilatus PC9/A aircraft through the operations of Central Flying School (CFS) at RAAF East Sale in Victoria; which is also the home to the RAAF ‘Roulettes’ aerobatic display team – all supported by Airflite.
The quality and reliability of training that is delivered by the aircraft is enhanced through the ongoing support of Airflite and is a key element of the Australian Defence Force’s future and the national interest.
Airflite’s support includes all Operational and Deeper level maintenance, component repair/overhaul and flight line activities for the Pilatus PC9/A aircraft in a ‘Turn Key’ solution for the RAAF across multiple locations in Australia.
Key components of this contract are:
- All operational level maintenance, ground support and deeper level maintenance.
- KPI’s for Airflite to meet a designated number of available aircraft for daily flying operations to meet the RAAF student pilots training syllabus.
- Aircraft fleet maintenance, technical administration, operations management, servicing production control and aircraft handling.
- All life support equipment (including G-suits, life jackets, helmets etc.) and maintenance, removal/installation of all ejection seats.
- Deeper level maintenance activities such as structural repairs, surface finishing, component repair and overhaul, calibration and testing.
- Airflite is proud to be associated with the Defence Force pilots of the past and the future and to support such a critical element of the Australian military environment. This is evidenced by the commitment and quality of workmanship that has seen Airflite support over 390,000 training flying hours with no maintenance related incidents since 1994.
Military Pilot Training
As a privately owned and managed legitimately Australian company, Airflite is very proud to contribute to the development of Defence Force pilots. These include:
- Ab initio training with the CT4 aircraft fleet – Airflite provides the maintenance and flight line support functions on the CT4 aircraft fleet at RAAF East Sale as part of the RAAF Basic Flying Training (BFT) program.
- Advanced Pilot Training utilising the PC9/A fleet – As the Prime Maintenance Contractor to the RAAF.
- Lead In Fighter Training on the BAE Hawk fleet – Airflite supports BAE Systems Australia in the provision of services to the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) Hawk through a specialist team of technicians to maintain the following off aircraft components;
- Wheels and brakes.
- Aircrew Life Support equipment.
- Egress systems as an Authorised Martin Baker repair agency.
- Role equipment and guns.
- Brake chutes.
- Airflite’s involvement with the RAAF continues under subcontract to BAE Systems Australia through the provision of off aircraft component and egress systems support for the F/A-18 Classic Hornet Aircraft fleet.
Airflite is currently pursuing growth opportunities through the expansion of existing capabilities to the Navy sector. As a highly experienced Defence Prime Contractor and Subcontractor, with highly regulated capabilities, the Company is well positioned to expand into supporting Navy and Navy Prime Contractor requirements. More information can be found at the Airflite Marine page on this website.
Major Defence Projects
Airflite is currently performing or has completed the following Major Defence Projects:
- Pilatus PC9/A Fleet Maintenance (RAAF Pearce)
- Pilatus PC9/A Fleet Maintenance (RAAF East Sale)
- Pilatus PC9/A Support (RAAF Edinburgh)
- Pilatus PC9/A Support (RAAF Williamtown)
- RAAF School of Air Navigation B200 Fleet Dry Lease Program
- CT4 Fleet Maintenance Support (RAAF East Sale)
- Pilatus PC9/A Wings Refurbishment Program
- Pilatus PC9/A Deeper Maintenance of Repairable Items
- Installation of Digital Radar Systems to Analogue 737 and F28 Aircraft
- BAE Hawk Off Aircraft Component Support (under subcontract to BAE)
- F/A-18 Classic Hornet Off Aircraft Component Support (under subcontract to BAE)