Airflite Defence Services
Airflite Defence Services has enjoyed a long association with the Commonwealth of Australia in support of Defence capability…
…resulting in a mature organisation that is highly experienced in meeting the needs of Australian and international Defence programs. Many individuals in the organisation have a Defence background, including significant experience in both rotary and fixed wing aircraft maintenance.
Today, Airflite employs over 180 people in support of the Australian Defence Force or its prime contractors. Our current aviation maintenance programs operate under DASR Part 145. Some of our current contracts are shown below:
- RAAF PC-9/A Fleet Maintenance & Logistics Support – Operational and Deeper Maintenance, Flightline services, and Integrated Logistics Support services to the Royal Australian Air Force Pilatus PC-9/A aircraft fleet. Airflite has held this contract continuously since 1994, which includes Aviation Life Support, Surface Finishing, Emergency Egress Systems (including ejection seat), component repair and overhaul, Calibration and Non-Destructive Testing, and Ground Support Equipment.
- Since the year 2000, Airflite has provided component maintenance support services for the RAAF Lead-In Fighter Hawk 127 aircraft, under contract to BAE Systems. This includes Aviation Life Support Equipment, Emergency Egress Systems (including Ejection Seats), Aircraft Batteries, Wheels and Brakes, Armament and Alternate Mission Equipment.
- Airflite Defence Services is the national provider of maintenance and logistics support services for Air Sea Rescue Kits that are deployed from the AP-3 Orion and C-130 Hercules aircraft to survivors in open water.
- Airflite is in the process of providing the Australian Air Force Cadets with a dedicated Powered Aircraft Capability through the leasing and maintenance support of eight Diamond DA40NG aircraft. Airflite is proud to play such a direct role in building the next generation of Australian Defence Force aviators.
Airflite Defence Services extends its capabilities outside of the flightline, workshop or hangar, also supporting Defence operations with a number of management and stewardship services, including:
- Fleet asset management
- Integrated Logistics Support services
- Asset Through Life Support services
- Project Management
Maintenance, repair and overhaul of commercial and military assets is inherently complex due to demand variability, unpredictable supplier response times, complex and unpredictable flow paths and the management of shared resources. Airflite achieves 100% on-time delivery and quality performance by implementation of Airflite Rapid Maintenance (ARM) techniques. Contact Airflite to see how we can help you to understand our range of Defence support services.