Airflite’s continued commitment to quality is driven from the standards and expectations in aviation that the Company strives to exceed:
Above all else, Airflite has an obligation to ensure that customers are safe and secure, and the establishment of an internal Quality Department is Airflite’s commitment to ongoing control and monitoring of procedures, processes and practices in every aspect of the business.
This is further evidenced or enhanced with the registered quality management systems, CASA approvals, foreign airworthiness regulator approvals, Australian Department of Defence approvals, and endorsements of our quality system from other third party organisations.
The company can provide quality approved solutions to customers from all levels of the organisation.
- ISO 9001:2015 (SAI Global – QEC0938)
- NATA – Electrical Calibration Laboratory (Accred. No. 18436)
- Gas Cylinder Test Station (SAI Global –Licence GCT20731)
- Various Airworthiness Approvals, including:
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority Australia (PART 145) – (1-VRPCF)
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority Australia (CAR 30) – (C290291)
- EASA (PART 145) – (EASA.145.0416)
- DGCA Indonesia – (145/54900)
- FAA – Repair Station – (3FPY528C)
- Bermuda (AMO) – (BDA/AMO/676)
- CAAT Thailand – (583/2560)
- CAAP Philippines – (464-F)
- Defence Aviation Safety Regulation – (Australia) DASR Part 145 (AUS.DASA.145.000015)
- CASA Part 141 & 142 (1-TFV1)
Airflite has a strong internal training program aimed at empowering employees and the advancement of our safety culture.